We are your Central Texas Internet Law and Cyber Law Experts.
Joel A. Levine is your central Texas Internet lawyer. Internet Law (also known as cyber law or e-commerce law) focuses in helping individuals and businesses navigate the emerging “law of the internet,” the complex web of contracts, copyright, trademark law, federal regulation, and state tort law that govern our increasingly online lives.
Combining these areas has allowed me to focus on providing legal and consulting advice to small e-commerce companies who need assistance and guidance in growing their business.
In today’s economy, web presence has become not only a vital tool, but a necessity to success. There are many different strategies and methods to optimizing your web presence. With a developed web presence comes an array of legal issues, many of which are providing legal precedent for future generations. The following is a short list of issues on which I’ve advised clients.
- Internet Law, E-Commerce Law, Cyber law
- Internet domain disputes, including the Uniform Domain Dispute Resolution Procedures (UDRP)
- Cyber-squatting, including the Anti-Cyber-squatting Consumer Protection Act
- Violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Pay Per Click (PPC) analysis and advising
- Online copyright infringement
- Online trademark infringement, including advertising keywords and meta-tags
- Issues arising out of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Acquisition, sale, and transfer of domains
- Website monetization
- Online defamation
- Internet Service Provider liability
- Domain registration strategies
- Cyber-property disputes