We are your Central Texas Consumer Rights Law Firm.
Consumer Rights Law is a field of law which is designed to protect consumers and to provide them with formal legal means of obtaining reparations for damage caused by faulty products. There are many different topics covered in consumer law, including warranties, advertising, quality standards, personal credit score repair and analysis, and certain types of contracts. The goal of such law is to ensure that consumers have rights which are clearly spelled out, and that companies which sell products and services are clearly aware of their responsibilities and duties under the law.
The main consumer protection statute in Texas is called the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act or “DTPA”. The law prohibits a laundry list of deceptive trade practices and gives consumers the right to sue for damages.
Some of the issues I have advised clients on regarding consumer rights law are:
- Passing off goods or services as those of another
- False advertising and representation
- Fraud by repair persons
- False misrepresentation
- Motor vehicle fraud and dealership misrepresentation
- False warranties
- Failure to disclose certain information in sales of goods and services
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Credit Repair Law and Analysis